1. Organization introduction
- Name: Happier Social Work Group
- Established year: 18/04/2010
- Address: 341 Su Van Hanh, Ward 10, District 10, HCMC
- Representative: Pham Thi Yen Trinh
- Title: Manager
2. Project proposal:
- Implementation period: 15/10/2016 - 15/8/2017
- 200 autistic children's parents/year are trained in the intervention program for children with autism.
- 120 autistic children and their parents / 1 year participated in a group intervention program, learning skills to work with autistic children at hospitals/facilities.
- 20 autistic children and their parents / 1 year are supervised and supported by volunteers at home.
Challenges in the beneficiary community:
Derived from the urgent problems of pediatric patients and parents through the child going to the Psychology department for examination and treatment and applying for a certificate to go to school. The Department of Psychology conducted a small survey to find out the needs of pediatric patients and parents. Thereby, we realize the difficulties of parents:
- Pychology: suffering, difficult to accept, surrendering, being tired, both physically and mentally, not remembering the instructor's instructions.
- Lack of resources: Have to worry about making a living and do not have time to spend teaching children at home. Not fully understanding play, teaching children is important for the child's development to integrate into the community.
- Children have no companion to support spirit, guide, help with skills, play, and teach children better. And do not adhere to the doctor's treatment plan.
- Parents have difficulty implementing interventions for children with autism at home according to their doctor's treatment plan after being instructed and provided with instructional materials.
- Train a group of volunteers with specialized autism skills to accompany and support parents to intervene with autistic children at home.
- Help Parents comply with the doctor's treatment plan, follow-up on time to help children develop and integrate into the community.
- Develop a home intervention program for autistic children, implemented with a social work group trained in autism. In addition to psychological support, treatment orientation and training in play skills, teaching children, and home intervention program of doctors/psychologists, educators, and social professionals.
- Capacity building for volunteers to support parents intervening for children with autism at home, helping parents adhere to treatment for children.
- Capacity building for parents with autistic children to help children develop and integrate into the community.
- 80% of children in the program with improved skills are assessed by the test of the doctor and the test of the special educator.
- 80% of parents in the program improve their awareness through adherence to the child's treatment plan and improve their play and teaching skills through the evaluation of doctors and educators.
- 100% volunteers in the skill development program work with parents and autistic children, actively support and support parents at home through the supervision of educators and social professionals.
Give us a hand
Join our project as a volunteer by send us your email.