1. Organization introduction
- Name: Frogsleap Foundation
- Established year: 2011
- Address: 67/68/16 Street 38, Hiep Binh Chanh Ward, Thu Duc District, HCM City
- Representative: Nguyen Huu Sy
- Title: Project manager
2. Project proposal:
- Location: My Duc Commune, Cang Long District, Tra Vinh Province
- Time: 1/6/2018 - 23/9/2019
- To achieve SDGs:
+ Goal 4: Quality Education
+ Goal 5: Gender Equality
Students at the primary school in Duc My Commune, Can Long District, Tra Vinh Province.
People on Con Ho, Tra Vinh Province.
Challenges in the beneficiary community:
- Students in the area do not have the means of protection, as well as knowledge to prevent themselves from drowning. - Parents and students do not have knowledge about protecting their children, or how to protect their children from online grooming
- Duc My A school's students currently have about 500 students. There is currently a 3:1 ratio of students to available computers, causing difficulties in learning.
- Con Ho is separate from the mainland, without electricity and water systems. Every year from April to August, this area is heavily flooded, causing difficulties in the lives of people here.
- Organize educational programs "drowning prevention" and "prevention of child sexual abuse".
- Awarded 100 life jackets for primary schools.
- Construction of 2 water filters for the people of Con Ho.
- Construction of a bridge for the people of Con Ho.
- Helping Con Ho become 1 Green Island, the first solar island in Vietnam. Tourism was encouraged and this changed local's lives.
- Educating a generation of children who care about the environment means they can come back later to help their own locality on the path of sustainable development.
- Building a generation of safe and happy children. Equip them with the skills to enter life.
- Solve difficulties in people's lives, specifically in this project about water issues.
- Communication skills on prevention of "drowning" and "child sexual abuse" were communicated to 750 elementary school students in Duc My commune. From there it expanded to other villages.
Give us a hand
Join our project as a volunteer by send us your email.