1. Organization introduction
- Name: Center for Rural Research and Development of An Giang University
- Established year: 2003
- Address: 18 Ung Văn Khiêm, Đông Xuyên Ward, TP. Long Xuyen, An Giang
- Vision: Promoting environmentally friendly agricultural development and sustainable development goals in the Mekong Delta and Vietnam.
+ Implement research and development activities in the fields of rural development, sustainable agriculture, environmental management, gender, water and climate change research;
+ Policy advice on socio-economic development of communities in the Mekong Delta region;
+ Provide training courses on rural development, gender and community development, sustainable agriculture, environmental management, water and climate change;
+ Implementation of science and technology services related to rural development, environmental management, water and climate change in the Mekong Delta;
+ Building partnerships with domestic and international research institutions, universities, NGOs and individuals to carry out the tasks and goals set by the organization.
+ Promote sustainable agriculture and rural development in the Mekong region.
- Representative: MSc. Le Thanh Phong
- Title: Deputy Director of Research and Rural Development Center
2. Project proposal:
Location: An Cu Commune, Tinh Bien District, An Giang Province
Implementation period: 12 months
To achieve SDGs:
- Goal 6: Clean Water and Sanitation
- Goal 12: Responsible Consumption and Production
- Goal 13: Climate Action
- Directly beneficiaries:
+ 527 students and 44 high school teachers.
+ 311 students and 38 elementary teachers.
- Indirectly beneficiaries:
+ Parents, families and the community around the school.
Challenges in the beneficiary community:
- High poverty rate.
- Inability to access safe drinking water.
- Adversely affecting the health and socio-economic development of the community.
- Severe water shortage in the dry season.
- Communication activities to raise awareness level on the importance of sanitation and hygiene in schools
- 2 water filtration systems for 2 schools
- Student knowledge about hygiene-related practices is widespread and maintained.
- With filtered water, schools and students can save money on bottled water.
- 100% students and teachers have access to safe water to drink according to the standards of the Ministry of Health of Vietnam (QCVN 6-1: 2010 / BYT);
- 90% of students' knowledge, attitudes and behaviors are improved in practice hygiene and safety practices through school-based hand washing systems;
- 80% of students and teachers will strengthen their knowledge on economical and efficient use of community water resources through the model of hand washing water reuse for plant care on campus.
- 70% of local officials (school administration, Women's Union, Youth Union and officials
environmental expertise) improve their capacity to engage and work with the community
in the field of sustainable use and management of water resources.
Give us a hand
Join our project as a volunteer by send us your email.