1. Organization introduction
- Name: Dream bookcase Group
- Representative: Nguyen Thi Nu
- Title: Project Coordinator
2. Project proposal:
- Implementation period: 30/5/2015 - 31/12/2016
- Location: HCMC, Cu Chi, Binh Chanh, Can Gio, Long An, Ben Tre
Nearly 1,200 children are:
- Students in poor rural and remote areas with economic difficulties or geographically hindered in accessing knowledge, or students at love classes in HCM City and suburbs;
- Orphans, street children, and disabled children are being cared for and raised in orphanages, shelters, open houses, and community centers.
- Teachers and schools (supported by bookcases)
- Pre-station, survey the main needs of young people to create a work implementation plan.
- Giving away bookcases (each bookcase includes 500 titles of various categories)
- Combined with the bookcase gifting programs, the project will implement a reading festival to share and spread the love of reading, educating the children to be aware of preserving and cherishing books with fun and meaningful games
- Creating fairness for Vietnamese children in their right to access knowledge from books
- Building and developing a reading culture for children
- Develop a toolkit to evaluate the success of the project: Student questionnaires, teacher questionnaires, ..., conduct in-depth interviews with students, and teachers. A number of books borrowed in the first 6 months of project implementation, ...
- Monitoring and evaluation through emulation movements: Class of skills activities, emulation movement for reading tree.