- Name: Dream bookcase Group
- Representative: Nguyen Thi Nu
- Title: Project Coordinator
2. Project scopes:
- Time: 30/5/2015 - 31/12/2016
- Location: HCMC, Cu Chi, Binh Chanh, Can Gio, Long An, Ben Tre
3. Target community / beneficiaries:
Nearly 1,200 children are:
- Students in poor rural and remote areas with economic difficulties or geographically hindered in accessing knowledge, or students at love classes in HCM City and suburbs;
Orphans, street children, and disabled children are being cared for and raised in orphanages, shelters, open houses, and community centers.
- Teachers and schools (supported by bookcases)
1. Initiative proposal:
(1) Pre-station, survey the main needs of young people to create a work implementation plan.
(2) Giving away bookcases (each bookcase includes 500 titles of various categories)
(3) Combined with the bookcase gifting programs, the project will implement a reading festival to share and spread the love of reading, educating the children to be aware of preserving and cherishing books with fun and meaningful games
(1) Creating fairness for Vietnamese children in their right to access knowledge from books
(2) Building and developing a reading culture for children
3. Expectation outcomes/changes:
(1) Develop a toolkit to evaluate the success of the project: Student questionnaires, teacher questionnaires, ..., conduct in-depth interviews with students, and teachers. A number of books borrowed in the first 6 months of project implementation, ...
(2) Monitoring and evaluation through emulation movements: Class of skills activities, emulation movement for reading tree.
Give us a hand
Join our project as a volunteer by send us your email.