1. Organization introduction
- Name: Research Center for Social Work & Community Development (SDRC)
- Established year: 22/11/2001
- Address: 273/52 Nguyen Van Dau, Ward 11, Binh Thanh District, HCMC
- Representative: Phan Thi My Nhung
- Title: Deputy director
2. Project proposal:
- Location: At 44, 45, Quater 6, Ward 15, Go Vap District
- Implementation period: 01/03/2017 - 01/05/2017
Households at 44, 45, Quarter 6, Ward 15, Go Vap District
Challenges in the beneficiary community:
- The majority of households have never been flooded or blocked due to using spontaneous culverts/ditches. In case of trouble, households collect money together to hire someone to dredge sewers. Residents are keen to build a planned sewer system but there are some difficulties such as lack of motivation as an organization, a project leader and money. The sewer system requires too much funding, so it is difficult for people to fulfill their wishes.
- As there is a lack of drains, some families have directly discharged wastewater from the toilets to the spontaneous sewers/ditches, affecting the surrounding environment such as causing odors, stagnant water, flooding, creating conditions for microorganisms to grow. This seriously affects the health of households.
- Residents added that the lack of drains is highly unpleasant, with some neighbors discharging water from car washing, clothes and floors directly onto the street. This creates pools of stangnant water and affects travel and activities of people surrounding.
Build a complete water supply and drainage system to ensure the long and sustainable life of the people.
- Improving the daily life and health of the people.
- Improve relationships between neighbors.
- Complete the drainage system so that there are no clogged drains, bad odors, and water stagnation.
- After 2 months, 35 households of residential groups 44, 45, quarter 6, ward 15, Go Vap district are allowed to use the complete drainage system.
- After 2 months, this area no longer has sewer congestion, bad smell, stagnant water.
Give us a hand
Join our project as a volunteer by send us your email.