1. Organization introduction
Name: SAMK' GROUP
Year of establishment: 2009
Vision: Community-centered development project
- Support people living in disadvantaged areas in raising the values of their agricultural products, as well as conserving and managing the biodiversity of the ecosystem.
- Create jobs for young people, lift them out of poverty. Reduce deforestation. Work with other families in the community towards sustainable development.
Representative: K' Sơn Thanh Vĩnh
Position: Head of SAMK' Group
2. Project proposal:
Location: Lâm Đồng
Implementation period: 1 Oct 2021 - 31 Dec 2022
- SDG 1: No poverty
- SDG 13: Climate action
7 Mạ youths living in Đạ nhar, aged between 26 and 30 years old, their relatives, and family members (over 100 people in total).
Challenges in the beneficiary community:
- They have been relying on forest resources for livelihood.
- The resources available are cheap, so their income is low.
- They don’t have money and facilities for food/fruit manufacturing.
- Other young people are reluctant to join the group as the program success is unproven.
Design the post-harvest processing facility.
Conduct market research.
Build the facility and install the machines.
Run trial production, record the process and test the products.
Produce and sell
- Develop members’ capacity, send the products to Ho Chi Minh City Pasteur Institute for certification.
- Design product labels and packaging.
- Promote the products and make sales.
Long term goal:
Create stable jobs for Mạ people living in Đạ nhar, to promote social progress, improve the lives of locals, and help preserve their cultural values.
Short term goal:
- Increase the values and quality of local products.
- Produce certified products for the market in the post-harvest processing facility
Give us a hand
Join our project as a volunteer by send us your email.