1. Organization introduction
- Name: Herbal Medicine Group
- Year Established: 2014
- Address: Ninh Kiều - Cần Thơ
- Vision: Inspiring to connect people with nature, to heal and nourish the body as well as the spirit of humans.
- Mission: Spreading inspiration to connect with nature through activities of tree planting, forest planting, biodiversity conservation and development. Developing and expanding forest garden models, creating areas where people are an important link in a sustainable development society.
- Representative: Võ Quốc Lập
- Title: Chairman
2. Project proposal:
- Location: U Minh Thượng, Kiên Giang
- Deployment time: 02/10/2020 – 02/10/2021
- Ideas to solve SDGs:
+ Goal 12: Responsible Consumption and Production
+ Goal 13: Climate Action
+ Goal 15: Life On Land
- 120 people participated in forest agriculture training
- 1500 people buy products of the project and their families
- 20 volunteers participating in the project
- 150 farmers directly visit the model
- 240 Family members of households who oppose forest garden model
- 480 neighbors of households apply forest garden model
- 480 communities around the model
Challenges in the beneficiary community:
- Agriculture using chemical fertilizers and pesticides is greatly affecting the environment.
- The consequences of climate change are becoming more and more serious, affecting agricultural cultivation.
- High cost of seeds, fertilizers and irrigation.
- Incorrect view of agricultural products: more concerned with external appearance than product / agricultural product quality of supermarkets, markets, traders, consumers, etc.
- People do not find a solution for a sustainable agriculture, spontaneous farming without vision, no production plans, high production costs but cheap agricultural prices.
- Unstable price, chorus "good season but devalued" and "rescue agricultural products".
- Economic crisis, unsold goods.
- People's health is seriously affected.
- Develop a model of forest garden farming, without using chemical fertilizers and pesticides, which can adapt to climate change.
- Building an integrated forest garden model IMO (Indigenous Microorganism)
- Researching products made from forest garden models suitable to each locality (OCOP)
- Create high value products from quality raw materials.
- Create a link chain between Farmers - Producers - Consumers.
- Implement training, education and communication activities on benefits and forest gardening techniques.
- There is a sustainable agriculture model to be piloted, creating favorable conditions for farmers to learn and deploy.
- Integrating practical gardening knowledge in Vietnamese climatic conditions into a set of guidelines for sustainable agricultural application.
- Provide 300kg of clean vegetables / month.
- 20 volunteers participated in the project, 150 farmers directly visited the model, 120 farmers participated in the forest garden training course was inspired and can apply the forest garden model at home / local live by them.
- 1500 project buyers are inspired by quality agricultural products, have a positive view of Vietnamese agriculture, environmental protection and climate change.
Give us a hand
Join our project as a volunteer by send us your email.